Sunday, August 23, 2009

Street Market Goodness



I have to preface this posting by stating that going to flea markets and antique shops might be my favorite Sunday outing. I love the feeling of getting something with some history behind it, not to mention I have a serious problem with collecting mid century lamps, furniture, and kitchen wares, you name it...if it came from the 50's or 60's, I am bound to probably love it. Also I have to say that Travis and I both really enjoy searching for all this stuff together, so it makes it even that much better...




I am almost weary of posting this...due to the fact that what makes this street market so wonderful is that there are not hundreds of hipster douche bags milling around trying to snatch up all the goodness. Then again, the vendors at this street fair are so friendly and wonderful; more business for them would be great. I have to say it is a bit of a catch-22.

I know Torrance, office parks central...but if you decide to venture in to downtown Torrance on the 4th Sunday of every month, you will find a bevy of vendors, with anything and everything antique you want or need.


Another hidden gem that we found...Street Faire Antiques on 1317 Satori Ave (right in the thick of the street fair), also a place I have to say I would rather not mention, considering we found a great mid century Lane coffee table for a very good price, but they were so considerate and willing to negotiate prices that throwing them more business and more coverage on the web is a good thing. We will most definitely be back.

Now you don't have to take my word for it...


Although, I have to say that I go to my fair share of flea markets, street fairs, thrift stores, and antique shops leaving dirty, empty handed, and feeling harassed and haggled.
I left the Torrance Antique Street Fair in a great mood, hot and sticky, with a lot of great stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment